A roundup of things to do in Iceland this November, as prepared by your festival-weary editors.
Not that we ever wish it over, but our livers and sleep clocks rejoice in the passing of Iceland’s festival season. November offers a chance to catch up on indoor pursuits and relax… just in time to plan for all the Holiday festivities! But there’s still plenty to do out and about:
- Sigur Rós continue their work as the best-paid members of the Icelandic tourism board with the release of their tour documentary Heima. Do yourself a favour and watch the trailer.
- On the opposite end of every spectrum, Skid Row gives mainland Europe a break and plays NASA 1 December. Early Christmas present for mum?
- Back in the realm of the brilliant, Andrea Bochelli brings classical to the Vikings 31 October. You won’t understand it, but it’s beautiful.
- A short walk from downtown, the museum Kjarvalsstadir presents Architecture at Eye Level all month. Get your hands on some sculpted Icelandic mounds.
- Finally, 44 kilos of prime veal was born at the Reykjavík Zoo and Family Park. Little Ulrik looks so
And hey - let’s be careful out there.