A roundup of things to do in Reykjavík and beyond this July, as prepared by your not-quite-used-to-the-midnight-sun editors.
- Bad Taste, the label that brought you Björk and Sigur Rós has opened a store and gallery downtown, featuring the exhibit ‘Lobster or Fame’. We’ll have the fame, lightly sautéed.
- In case you missed them 30 years ago, Toto will play Iceland’s biggest venue 10 July. The crowd of 50 will be awake well past medication time at the nursing home.
- The Reykholt Music Festival fills the valleys surrounding Snorri Sturluson‘s old home with the sounds of classical music on 27-28 July. Even dead Saga authors like to get down.
- Akureyri, Iceland’s self-dubbed ‘Capital of the North’, presents the Summer of Art. Good… for two months there will actually be something to do.
- When you think Iceland do you think screaming death metal? Eistnaflug Rock Festival destroys eastern Iceland 13-14 July with 40 bands, including I Adapt, Diabolus, and Severed Crotch.
And hey - let’s be careful out there.