A roundup of things to do in Reykjavík this weekend, prepared by your
sweaty fit editors.
- The warm-up for the weekend takes place on Thursday at the Breakbeat Night at Pravda. Oommph oommph oommph.
- If you’re more of the sober and indie kind-of-person, the youth culture centre Hitt Húsið, almost across the street from Pravda, is having rock concerts with young and promising bands. Rock out with your you-know-what out.
- A group of university students who, luckily for them, couldn’t make it as ballet professionals, have formed a theatre/dance company and they premiere their first piece, True Love Stories, this Friday in Tjarnarbíó. Oh, to be a young dancer.
- After that, the University Student Organization Röskva, has a Sweat Party in Hressó. There is a dress code: A sweatband, and a tracksuit if you’re up for that.
- Saturday night, two highly underrated DJs play together for the first time at the tiny Kofi Tómasar Frænda, the place that gave them their first break. Good luck getting in.
- Finish the Sweaty Weekend by sweating out all the hangovers and negativity your neighborhood swimmingpool sauna. Gonna make you sweat.
And hey — let’s be careful out there.