A round-up of things to do in Reykjavík this weekend, as prepared by your family friendly editors
- Wake up early Friday morning, since this will be the last day to see the McNaught Comet, visible between the horizon and the moon around twilight.
- Too fab to just call it a sale, the concept/design store Kron Kron is celebrating Happy Days this weekend, by knocking 35-50% off couture gowns from last season. You can leave mom there.
- The National History Museum is celebrating Icelandic arts and crafts througout the ages. The motives vary from Biblical themes to stories of prehistoric monsters, all carefully made in tapestry. Pick up grandma before closing time.
- Since this is the coldest time of year, stop by at a bakery and get an old loaf of bread and feed the ducks (and geese and pigeons
and seagulls) by the lake. They will love you long time.
- If you love cute, fluffy things, there are a lot of newly born youngs at the Family Farm Animal Petting Zoo. A new calf was born 15th of December, and a bunch of bacon was born the 29th. Awww…
And hey — let’s be careful out there