A round-up of things to do in Reykjavík this weekend, prepared by your festive and slightly self-involved editors.
- Headstart the weekend on Freaky Friday afternoon at Gallerí Gel, where hair is cut to beats spun by one of our very own, the super-fabulous DJ Kiki-Ow.
- Later that evening, spend your hard-earned paychecks at Sirkus, where Curver plays “bara hits” til the early hours. We’ve had enough trendy techno, thanks very much.
- Alternatively, “real” celebrity Magni performs at Laugardalshöllini, along with his three Rockstar Supernova loser friends.
- But if middle-of-the-road rock’n'roll covers are too much for you, try Saturday in Hafnarborg, where 30 choirs sing from 10am til 8pm, to warble you into the Christmas spirit.
- And finally, if you didn’t get enough Curver on Friday, catch him again at Studentakjallarinn on Saturday night with Sugarcubes’ front-man Einar Örn, as Ghostigital play their first gig at home after a hefty American tour. At a next-to-nothing 500 kr. entrance fee, it’s good to see the fame hasn’t gone to their heads.
And hey—let’s be careful out there.