A roundup of things to do in Reykjavík this weekend, prepared by your cosmopolitan editors.
- Tonight, synchronize your watches as the Iceland Symphony Orchestra, complete with two male-choirs and one heroic bass, plays enough Wagner to make you want to invade Poland.
- Balance the hormones Friday night at Café Cultura, where voluptious Icelandic women engage in Arabic belly dancing. No entrance fee, but Arabic food will be sold from 19.00. The dancing should start around the time you start digesting.
- Later that night, Ampop are celebrating the release of their new album at Nasa. Entrance is a mere thousand krónur which is, like, nothing. And if you don’t like the music, watching the drummer should provide some entertainment, especially if you’re a fan of The Muppet Show. He made his drumkit himself, and the bass drum spent the first half of its life as a sewage pipe.
- Saturday is the last performance of the Iceland Dance Company’s Family Performance, at two o’clock in the City Theatre. It’s sort of like a greatest hits show for them, perfect for those of us with short attention spans.
- Finally, and not a moment too soon: The Christmas Village in Hafnarfjörður. Don’t ask, okay.
And hey – Lets be careful out there.