- For all you lovers of that big church on the hill, this weekend there are 20 years since it was opened. Photographs of the church throughout its 50+ year building process are on display. Nearer my God, to thee.
- Thursday night, it’s time to put your princess shoes on and go to The Golden Room at Hotel Borg. There’s a real Tango Milonga there. First there is a beginner’s tango lesson between eight and nine and after that the fun starts. Admission is 500 krónur, and the instruction is included. Darling, save the last dance for me.
- Just when she thought she was out, they draw her back in (Björk that is): the Sugarcubes, (pictured here, looking like an indie Christmas tree), reunite in Laugardalshöll Friday night to celebrate the 20 years anniversary of their hit single Ammæli (Birthday). So yes, it’s the birthday of Birthday.
- A new Icelandic opera, Skuggaleikur, premières Saturday night at the (duh) Icelandic Opera. The story is based on H. C. Andersen’s The Adventure of The Shadow. Try and sneak in for some stiff upper lip fun.
- And you should use Sunday to go to flea market-slash-human zoo Kolaportið. (It’s in that big building near the harbour, with big mosaic ships on it.) For vintage clothes, “antiques”, dried fish, or tasty Icelandic liquorice, this is the place to be.
And hey—let’s be careful out there.