I see you baby, shaking that ass
- Dance the somewhat nippy winter weather away, Friday start your evening somewhere very hot indeed. The Icelandic Bellydance Championships are held at Ýmishúsið and begin at 8pm. a mere 1800isk to see 19 ladies (including one of our fabulous editors) flick their hips in a way which ensures you’ll be completely unaware of the weather outside.
- Afterwards to calm your no doubt raised pulse pootle down to Rex as this night sees the beginning of the elite club/bar’s turn around. Newly appointed party organiser Ási Mar Fridriksson has his first evening planned. Rumour has it he was brought in to shake up the place and transform it from rich-orange-people-only into something realtively normal people with class might like. Djing 80′s disco and electro is Óli Hjörtur and Sometime’s Diva Rósa.
- For more indoor music based fun on Saturday, run along to Nonni Dead‘s new store Liborious for 6pm sharp as the gothmeister has built a raised stage instore for a series of concerts. First up is Mr Daníel Ágúst playing all new material with a rock band.
- Keeping the strictly (come) dancing theme of the weekend going and the freebie feel of Saturday get thee to Café Kúltúra on Hverisgata where at 22:30 you can get a free salsa lesson with Carlos Sanchez for an hour. Its all about keeping your circulation going ladies and gents. Well, that and the chance you might get to rub up against someone tasty of course.
- If you can even get your aching body moving on Sunday after such an active weekend, we recommend you make your way to Hressó and enjoy the Christmassy lights lit atmosphere and slurp some of their traditional Icelandic fish soup, because oh my days, it not only tastes like heaven, but it will keep you roasty toasty.
And hey – Lets be careful out there.