Official Hangover Day.
Thankfully, the official schedule has almost nothing in store for us today, but if you’re still alive, there are some off-venue gigs.
- In the highly unlikely event that you’re feel fresh, you could start at The Naked Ape, a colourful design store at the corner where Skólavörðustígur meets Laugavegur. There you can see a certain Johnny Sexual strut his stuff.
- If all those colours are too much for your eyes, walk up to noir-bar Dillon for sweet young things Lay Low at 20.00. Good for fragile brains.
- Stay longer for the soothing acoustic sounds of Pétur Ben (pictured here dozing off). Better than asprin.
- At half past nine, Buff, the only Icelandic band not on MySpace, start singing their novelty songs at Gaukurinn. Maybe you’ll get some of the jokes. Maybe not.
- At the end, just go back to Dillon, okay? There, National Radio DJ slash grandmother of Icelandic rock Andrea Jónsdóttir spins records into the night.
Iceland Airwaves: Sunday Schedule